Friday, June 28, 2013

Comparison: Milani Liquif'Eye VS UD 24/7

I decided that it would be helpful if I did a comparison swatch test for two much-talked about items that are frequently called "dupes" of each other. I had these two pencils in my makeup collection for a while and thought "why not?"

I also thought it'd be doubly appreciated by those on a stricter budget.





Here are comparison photos of two black pencil liners that have been getting a lot of hype. The top one is Milani Liquif’Eye in 01 Black and the bottom one is Urban Decay 24/7 in Zero. You can find Milani at most drugstores but I don’t know if this particular product is being discontinued or reformulated. Urban Decay is sold at all Sephora stores and online.

The Milani pencil has a firmer “lead”, which applies a finer, more controlled line. The UD pencil is softer and is great for smudging. As you can see, the Milani liner gives off a more intense, pigmented black than the UD liner. It also stays in place better than the UD liner when I did a smudge test a few minutes after application.



To me, both products are great, but for different reasons. I like the Milani Liquif’Eye for lining my top lid when I’m too lazy to use a gel liner and brush. It stays on just as long as a gel liner would and I don’t have to worry too much about it transferring on my oily, hooded lids. As for the Urban Decay 24/7 liner, it’s great for tightlining and lining the water line. I also like to use it to line my top lid then smudging it out and setting with a dark brown eyeshadow for a more daytime look.


EDIT: I looked up some info on the Milani Liquif’Eye and it’s not discontinued or recalled. It’s just renamed to “Liquid Eye Liquid-Like Eye Liner Pencil" (I liked Liquif’Eye better IMO). The formula is supposed to be exactly the same as before. The company just pulled all the Liquif’Eye pencils off the shelves because they didn’t want an “old" product mixed in with the new version. This is good news because I honestly can’t find a better drugstore eyeliner than the Milani ones.

xx M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments might take a while to show up due to moderation. Thank you for reading and commenting!